I know, I can't believe it either. Adam is 5 years old! Thanks to Mike and Sheryl who, on Sunday, donated ingredients for the perfect bday breakfast (i.e., bacon and sausage) for Adam, he was one happy dude. Here's a quick pic I snapped w/my phone that morning.
Ah, the long-awaited Bakugans at last! Adam has been asking for these ever since he learned from cousin Jamers that they were cool. Let the battles begin!

The bday cake. Adam's been asking for a cake with "everything that you do at the beach" (in his words) ever since our family reunion at Bear Lake this summer. We were a little pressed for time and ideas, not to mention I accidently bought little tubes of gel food coloring instead of icing (so we didn't get any detail work on it). But he was happy with the results so that's all I could ask for. :)

We had a low-key birthday BBQ with our friends (we have 2 now!) at a local park. I had the grand idea (or so I thought) of doing some fun water activities since it'd been so hot lately. As luck would have it, it was cold and very windy that evening. Oh well... it was still decent enough and the party went on as planned. The kids had a blast. We started with a little water balloon toss with the dads, which eventually turned into just chucking the balloons at each other.
The bday cake. Adam's been asking for a cake with "everything that you do at the beach" (in his words) ever since our family reunion at Bear Lake this summer. We were a little pressed for time and ideas, not to mention I accidently bought little tubes of gel food coloring instead of icing (so we didn't get any detail work on it). But he was happy with the results so that's all I could ask for. :)
We had a low-key birthday BBQ with our friends (we have 2 now!) at a local park. I had the grand idea (or so I thought) of doing some fun water activities since it'd been so hot lately. As luck would have it, it was cold and very windy that evening. Oh well... it was still decent enough and the party went on as planned. The kids had a blast. We started with a little water balloon toss with the dads, which eventually turned into just chucking the balloons at each other.
4 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM!! Can't believe you're FIVE!!?! Miss you guys!
That looks like one of the best birthdays ever! You're getting so big and grown-up, Adam. Wish we could've been there to celebrate.
What a blast! I cannot believe he is five either!!! When in the world did that happen? One of my very best girlfriends lives in Yakima on 78th Ave. Her name is Angie and she is an ultrasound tech and her husband Jarod is an accountant. They have 2 little girls--their last name is Barbee...I'm sure Yakima is huge, but hey, this would add 2 more friends to your already packed list! Your trip to Seattle looks awesome! I love Seattle too. Pike's market is the place to be! I love chaos. Your baby train would have been quite the sight! I can't believe those two little ones getting so big! Hope all is well, our visits together are always toooooo dang short! Much love!
I can't get over all your kiddos. They are perfect.
And I am super jealous you got a Jones birthday breakfast.
Post a Comment