We had a little get-together with some friends a couple of days before Jack and Sadie's official first birthday. For some reason I really wanted a "theme" but was having a hard time coming up with one. Suddenly it dawned on me... what's the one thing that never fails to bring a smile to their faces? No, not mom or dad (though that usually works) ...it's YO GABBA GABBA!!
If you have yet to be introduced to this genius show, you're indeed missing out. I think this show alone is possibly responsible for me maintaining a sliver of sanity these days;)
Aunt Karin was so thoughtful and made each of the birthday kids his/her own "1" shirt, and Sadie even got a matching tutu. Jack's might've been a little snug...but check out those biceps!
These cakes were going to be so much cooler. But the reality of time and (lack of) cake talent finally set in when it came down to it. One of these days I'll fulfill a guilty pleasure and actually take some cake decorating classes;)
The birthday cakes were marbled with a (presumably) unhealthy amount of food coloring in red, blue, and yellow. The rest of us got turtle cake!
Thanks to the family and friends who came to celebrate with us... Happy Birthday, Jack and Sadie! I can't believe you're already a year old!!
.....
The birthday kids are already pretty spoiled with hand-me-downs, etc, and don't need much. I did splurge and get them this wagon from Costco. They LOVE it and so do I! A little more freedom and wiggle room than their stroller. We love to use it now when picking up and dropping off Adam at school.































No comments:
Post a Comment