My latest favorite quote...

"If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart"

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happiest - Day 1

Has it really been three months since I last blogged? ...And FIVE months since we visited the happiest place on earth?!! Oops. Here we go again!

So, for Christmas Adam got a trip to DISNEYLAND with Mom and Dad. He seemed excited to go to California (I converted him to chocolate-dipped frozen bananas on Balboa Island by the time he was just a babe:), but he really hardly knew what Disneyland even was. Thanks to multiple A-M-A-Z-I-N-G family members who were willing to take two 9-month-old babies (sick, at that), we were able to share this experience just with Adam without having to worry about naptimes, bedtimes, diaper changes, diaper blow-outs, bottles, spitting up, ...you get the picture. We missed Jack and Sadie like crazy, but it really was so sweet to be able to spend five days with our Adam. Oh, and these awesome friends (yeah, I guess they're family too:) who were crazy enough to join us! [Note: I just checked their blog to copy the address for that hyperlink, and Laura just barely posted about the trip too. Makes me feel a little better about taking so long.]

We did the math and figured we might as well do the Southern California City Pass that got us tickets into Disneyland and California Adventure (days 1, 2 and 3), Sea World (day 4), and the San Diego Zoo (day 5). We also got passes for Universal Studios, but we ran out of days...and energy (and not necessarily in that order). So, without further ado...

Day 1: Monday, January 3

Jack and Sadie had been sick so we left a day later than originally planned. Everything was so up in the air because Jack had a pretty bad case of croup. Luckily their babysitter also happened to be a family physician, so I knew they were in very good care. I still felt weary of leaving them, but I think I would've felt that way whether they were sick or not. So off we went! The drive wasn't too bad (heck, we only had one kid in the car!:) and we got into our hotel right around dinner time. We changed our original plans and decided to make our Disneyland debut that evening. And so glad we did! The kids were beyond excited. We were lucky enough to get there just in time for the night parade and fireworks, and even got to experience Disneyland Christmas-style, just before they took everything down that night. It was amazing!



Like I said, beyond excited! Love that face:)


You'd think we were back in Utah all bundled up, but it was definitely chilly out there for California.


The parade



Ok, the teacups were purely out of pride. I've never liked the teacups, just to dizzy-makin' for me. But within the last few years even other rides are starting to make me a little sick too. Am I really getting old? Dangit. So Adam wanted us to ride the teacups. I'm gonna ride the dang teacups! I actually survived fine and it didn't ruin the rest of the night for me, just in case you were wondering.



It is a small world after all, isn't it?

The crazy crew who were brave enough to join us: Scott & Laura + Emma, Allen, and Logan (baby Bryce was left at home too:)

Obviously, we made a stop at the Lego store in Downtown Disney. Adam thought the lego creations were pretty cool.


2 comments:

Ryan, Kayla and Mavrick said...

What a great Christmas gift Idea! looks like you guys had fun. =)

Beth said...

So glad you guys had such a fun time! Can't wait to see you all this summer. Hugs to everyone!