My latest favorite quote...

"If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart"

Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Hawaiian catamaran

Our second day in Hawaii we woke up early so we could fly to Kauai. We wanted to spend most of our time there, as we'd heard it was less-touristy, more tropical, and more of a relaxing and beautiful atmosphere. We'd heard right! It was absolutely incredible.

While there, we figured we'd splurge and do a tour or two. And by "splurge" I mean sign-up for a timeshare meeting so we can get a huge discount on a tour or two;) I was really looking forward to the catamaran tour. I knew it'd be beautiful and fun... but I didn't realize how amazing it'd be. We went around the north side of Kauai, the side that's only accessible by boat or by foot. I was constantly in awe at the beauty and majesty of the terrain there. It was just so foreign compared to what I'm used to seeing, even with the beautiful Utah mountains. It was a  really cool experience.

Is that not the picture of vacation? A-mazing.


Seriously, the coolest part of the catamaran ride was this. We came across a whole group of spinner dolphins! I know I keep using this word, but it was amazing! At first we saw 4 or 5, and the captain veered around so we could follow them. They were constantly doing these "spinner" moves (hence their name). Pretty soon we were surrounded by like 30 dolphins. We were all out on the deck, hanging over the side checking them out, cruising with them side-by-side. As cheesy as it sounds, it really was one of my favorite experiences. We even came across a giant sea turtle just floating around. Pretty cool stuff.

The catamaran tour also included dinner, drinks (wahoo), and snorkeling. I love snorkeling! It was a lot of fun, and nice to get out in the water for a bit.



Some of the amazing scenery. Though my pictures really don't do it an ounce of justice.

Fun day! We were exhausted.

No comments: