My latest favorite quote...

"If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart"

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Stewart Falls

I've always loved this hike. It's easy enough for the kids and so much fun at the top! I can already tell that the pix are out of order (but I'm obviously ok with that)... these first three I took with my camera before dropping it in the snow/slush that was up there (yeah, in JULY!) With the wind blowing the water all over, it was essentially raining and the pictures didn't turn out too great. The rest of them I took with my phone (though my camera did finally recover).

The hiking clan. We had so much fun! Karin and her whole family were there (well, Mamaw volunteered to stay home with our mostly-sleeping babies), Adam and me, Rob, Jenesse, and Papa.

Papa and little Jojo, who actually hiked most of the way up

"Um, we really have to cross that?"

Yeah... we ended up being in a bit of a hurry to get home (i.e. 3 babies vs 1 grandma;), so we took what should've been the quicker way down. Karin's husband Jim went back the long way by himself so he could get his car and meet us down the mountain a bit. Didn't exactly turn out how we envisioned, but we all made it down safe and sound...eventually!

I took more pictures of the crossing the river part, but the snow in my camera kinda ruined them. The water was, needless to say, FREEZING! And pretty rough. The adults stepped in and kinda carried/hurled the kids across. It's these kinds of things that make for some great memories!












After we were soaking for the walk down anyway, we tried to find any other streams to slop through and dunk our heads in again. Adam requested another dunk, so here we go

The kids thought this was great...

Cousins, and such great buds!

Even Uncle Rob joined in the dunking


Rob volunteered to play it safe and get in the water in case any of the kids had problems crossing on this board. What a gentleman;)


Like I said, such a fun day! Let's do it again!!

No comments: